Cinematic experience are what we often look forward to with loved ones. In the last few years, cinemas and malls have been built across Lagos, Nigeria. This new development is helping to boost the quality of Nollywood movies created, these days so many locally made movies are getting premiered in Cinema across the state. The movie Industry is becoming more profitable, days of piracy are fading off gradually.
Here is a list of the best cinemas in Lagos, Nigeria.
Filmhouse IMAX Lekki
IMAX Lekki is the place to be! The virtual experience is truly outstanding and delivers great experience. They offering screening in both 2D and 3D. IMAX also offers the highest image resolution ever in Nigeria. If your movie experience is important to you, then IMAX should be your choice of Cinema.
- IMAX 2D – ₦3500
- IMAX Kids 3D – ₦3000
- Signature Weekdays – ₦3000
- IMAX 3D – ₦4000 (3D Glasses are sold seperately).
- Signature Weekends / Public Holidays – ₦5000
Filmhouse IMAX Reviews
Silverbird Cinema is arguably the pioneer of Cinema in Nigeria, it was opened in 2014 and has since grown into one of the best movie theaters in Nigeria. During the early days it was everyone favourite, most especially due to the backing it received from it’s parent media company Silverbird TV.
It was the first multiplex cinema in West Africa, and has proved to be a very good relaxation point for family and friends in Nigeria.
- Monday Special: Ticket ₦1,500 Flat (Popcorn).
- Tuesday & Thursday:Ticket ₦1,500 Flat(Popcorn).
- Wednesday Promo:Ticket ₦1,500 Flat (Popcorn).
- Weekends: Ticket ₦2,500 (Popcorn and drink).
- School Excursions (Monday-Thursday): ₦1,000/Person (Movie and Excursion Popcorn).
- Bollywood Movies (Regular): ₦3,000 Flat (Popcorn and drink).
- Bollywood Movies (VIP): ₦3,500 Flat (Popcorn and drink).
- Blockbuster Movies: Ticket ₦3,000 (Popcorn and drink).
- Movies in 3D: ₦3,000 Flat (Popcorn and drink).
Silverbird Cinema Reviews
Genesis Deluxe Cinema, Lekki
Genesis Deluxe Cinema is one of the Cinema pioneers in Nigeria. Growing up, it was my favourite hangout spot. It’s popularity was due to it’s location, The Palms Shopping Mall. The Mall was popularly known as Shoprite and is home to Genesis Deluxe.
Genesis was the first Cinema in West Africa to show a 3D movie.
- Monday Special (Before 5:00 pm): Ticket + Drink = ₦ 1,000
- Monday Special (After 5:00 pm): Ticket + Drink = ₦ 1,500
- Tuesday (Before 5:00 pm): Ticket + Drink = ₦ 1,000
- Tuesday (After 5:00 pm): Ticket + Drink = ₦ 1,500
- Wednesday Promo:Ticket ₦ 1000 (Ticket + Drink)
- Thursday (Before 5:00 pm): Ticket + Drink = ₦ 1,000
- Thursday (After 5:00 pm): Ticket + Drink = ₦ 1,500
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday; Ticket + Drink = ₦ 2,000
- Blockbuster Movies: Ticket + Reg. Popcorn + Drink= ₦ 3,000