UI/UX design is a highly competitive field, there are tons of first class designers out there. Being on top of your game as a designer is not a bad idea.
There are also tons of terminologies you will encounter daily as a designer.
1. User Interface (UI): User interface are the elements users interact with in a product, they include ; buttons, icons, menu bars, typography, colors, and more.
2. User experience (UX): User experience refers to the experience a user has when interacting with a product. Good experiences guarantee user retention.
3. Empathy Map: An empathy map is a simple, easy-to-digest visual that captures knowledge about a user’s behaviors and attitudes. Empathy map helps you to identify the thoughts and feelings of a particular group (End Users).
4. Grid: Grid is a layout constraint that determines the positioning of user interface elements on a screen or page. It basically helps in the proper alignment/arrangement of the user interface elements.
5. Design System: A design system is a library of user interface elements, components, and guidelines that are used as the basis for any new and updated features in a product.
6. Call to action: A call-to-action (CTA) button is an interactive UI element both web and mobile. Its main aim is to induce users to take specific actions that present a conversion for a particular screen. e.g purchase, contact, subscribe etc.
7. Onboarding: Product onboarding is the introduction of a product or service to the users. It enables your customers to learn about the features of the product and develop their first impression regarding it.
8. Flat design: Flat design is a user interface design style that uses simple, two-dimensional elements and bright colors.
9. Gesalt principles: A set of visual principles of grouping. Simply means elements sharing proximity or features in common tend to be understood as related to one another.
10. User Persona: A user persona is a semi-fictional character created to represent different user types that use or patronise a company’s products or services.
Figma AdobeXd Invision Akira Penpot Sketch Drama Famous Fluid UI